Thursday, December 08, 2022

Venting

If you are looking for a happy, feel good post you probably want to scroll on past this one. 
If you are keeping the negative bullshit out of your day, scroll on.
Don't want to read political crap? Scroll on.
You've been warned.
Here we go,

First - railway workers
How the hell does workers wanting sick leave pay turn into the workers are willing to shut down the economy for their own benefits? Why isn't it that the multi-million dollar profit railway companies are willing to shut down the economy to make a few more dollars rather than treat their employees decent enough to allow sick leave?
And why the f#@k is a Democrat/back-the-working-class president signing a bill to force workers to accept a contract they don't want? If you can't side with the workers then stay the f#@k out of it, Uncle Joe. 
Yeah, that really pisses me off.

Second - terminate the Constitution
I've pretty much stayed off the political rants this year, but the silence from the right over a Presidential candidate that wants to terminate the Constitution is really all anyone that was in doubt needs to hear to know that democratic rule isn't the objective of that political party. If you are still supporting this party in ANY WAY, you are complicit with traitors to the country and are as treasonous as they are.
Why isn't anyone speaking out about this?
If they want to keep the GOP intact, they need to cut ties with Trump, cooperate to see him prosecuted for all of his illegal and treasonous activity, and move on without him. It is possible that they have waited too long to be able to salvage anything, but such is the fate of corruption. 

I think the midterm elections are indicative of how Americans feel. There was no red wave and Democrats lost control of the house. Both houses of Congress are pretty evenly divided, but rather than take that as a sign that they need to work together, each majority party - no matter how slim the margin is - sees it as a sign that they move on their party's agenda without compromise. Our legislature is no longer about governance; it is about power and who gets to rule.
Ugh!

Whew!
I needed that. A controlled vent is sometimes needed. Just writing it out makes me feel better. Now I'm debating with myself over whether or not I should post it. I think I will - not to stir up shit or anything, just to give you permission to vent as well. 
By the way, I've cut back on my social media use a little bit and think I'll continue to do so. I may be lurking in the background a bit, but I hope to slowly fade from some platforms. We'll see how that goes. I'm afraid I'm pretty hooked.

I should probably stay away from people for a few days (including virtual contact).

John

2 comments:

Mike said...

How did a union get this far in life with no sick leave? It's beyond comprehension.

Bilbo said...

I agree with you and with Mike. That no one in government or the media is aggressively pinning down Republicans who spout all that ridiculous, treasonous BS, letting them get away with mealy-mouthed non-answers to hard questions, is a blight on the nation. Preach, John!!!