Sunday, December 18, 2022

Time is Short

One week from today is Christmas.
Two weeks from today is 2023.
If you set goals for 2022 or still have Christmas shopping to do, the time is getting short.

I don't have any 2022 goals to achieve, but if I can manage to lose a few pounds between now and New Year's Day I won't be at my heaviest weight to start a year. Fortunately, I don't have any real health issues (that I'm aware of) other than being overweight. My blood pressure is borderline and I need to get it down a bit or go on meds. Other than that, I've managed to be a pretty healthy fat guy, but I know it's only a matter of time until it catches up to me.  

As for the Christmas shopping--
We've said we're not going to buy Christmas presents for each other, but I think that Chris will get me something and I should probably get her something, too. 
Hmmm...

I've got a week, sort of.
The 12hr overnight schedule at the shelter (tonight plus Thursday and Friday nights) kind of messes with my normal do what I want when I want routine. It's not too bad, but it does screw up my sleep more than I remember. Either I'm just not used to it or the additional years are a factor. It may be both factors having an impact. In any case, I probably need to figure something out pretty quickly.

Got any last moment things to do for Christmas or before the end of 2022?
Any party plans to bring in the new year?
How are you coping with the holiday stress?

Happy Holidays, indeed!

John


1 comment:

Mike said...

Party plans? Nope. My computer club decided to have the Christmas lunch this year. Since I'm treasurer I had to be there at the beginning to hand out a few checks and pay the venue. Then I left the group of 60 people with no masks behind. There's already one report of a person with Covid.