Saturday, December 10, 2022

People and beer vs. Home and bourbon

People and beer includes listening to some friends play music at a Springfield brewery.
Home and bourbon includes watching the UFC fights and snacking on whatever is available at home.
It's a real struggle!

Chris already has plans to go to a Christmas party with a friend so I'm on my own for the evening.
I really do like listening to my friends' band play, and even though I'll be going alone, I know that I will know several people that will be there. The brewery has decent beer, but I'll be my own driver for the night so I'll have to limit myself on consumption. The weather tonight will be cool, but decent so the motorcycle is an option. Riding is always a factor in favor of going.

On the other side of the coin...
I do like watching the fights and it is my normal Saturday evening thing as there are fights on most weekends. Also. I'm good with being left home alone. 

I could skip the prelims, watch the band for their first set, and make it home in time for the main card, but that seems like a lot of work - getting dressed to go out, going out, changing back into home clothes - you know what I mean.
Besides, I've already been with people once this week, and we have a Christmas party to go to next week. People-ing is hard work for some of us. 

Right now I am leaning towards the compromise of doing both, but odds are probably more in favor of me staying home for the night.
We'll see.

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

"People-ing is hard work for some of us."
Yes, it is.