Sunday, December 04, 2022

Home, hopefully for a while

Another weekend on the road is in the books. I think this is the last one for a little while.
Typically, I don't really mind the time on the road. This past weekend was a little tougher since I was operating on very little sleep. I am really looking forward to a good night's sleep in my own bed tonight.
I really wish advances towards a Star Trek like transporter system would hurry up and come about. It would certainly make travel easier-visit anywhere in the world and sleep at home every night!

This past week I was back working at the overnight shelter (the reason for the travel on little sleep). The temps are forecast to be warmer for the coming week and the shelters will likely be closed, but it is my week for service at the hospital in Aurora, serving as the on-call chaplain. I really do feel good about these two areas of service and it rarely feels like work or something that I'd rather not be doing. Given that the shelter gig is seasonal during cold weather, you might say it is my winter activity of choice (see my post from a couple of days ago).

I hope to use the warmer days this week to seal up the deck for the winter weather. I sure do miss the warm afternoons and evenings out there. Wednesday night's forecast nighttime low is 52f (11c) so maybe I'll plan on sleeping outside that night.
I should probably think about putting up some Christmas decorations during the nice weather. 
Meh
I suppose that's today's Bah, Humbug. 
Whatever.

I hope you have a grand week. I plan on getting a good night's sleep and facing the week ahead with a fine attitude and great expectations.

John

2 comments:

Mike said...

Hey! Look at my post today you country person you.

John A Hill said...

Mike,
The satellite post or the fart post?