Saturday, December 03, 2022

Thumb tap blogging

I'm thumb tap blogging on my phone today. I'm a passenger in the car and heading eastward toward the area and hour or so south of St Louis.

Interstate 44 is always well traveled with lots of big trucks. Today is no different. The highway follows much of the old Route 66 highway. It generally overlays or parallels the old road across the state. The old Route is marked, but not real well if you're interested in following it. I think it would be an interesting ride on the motorcycle. I may need to plan that sometime soon.

The billboards along the Interstate advertise plenty of Route 66 attractions and many old motels, diners, and other roadside attractions remain in the small Missouri towns along the way. Maybe I should find the best burger or BBQ on the old highway.

Maybe not.

Interstate highways make for much faster travel than the old highways that made their ways through the towns along the way. But there is certainly a charm and a bit of nostalgia on the old roads.


John 

No comments: