Wednesday, December 07, 2022

Chipolte Chocolate Hot Sauce

I have a lot of hot sauces. I get hot sauces nearly every year for Christmas. Most sauces that you buy at the grocery store or in variety packs aren't very hot, but they do have some interesting flavorings. One such variety pack (Hell's Kitchen) had this Chipolte Chocolate hot sauce. 
It might be one of my favorites for flavor and a little heat (like Tabasco level heat).

Unfortunately, I pretty much used the last few drops of it last night.
It was a late night snack, one of my go-to favorites - peanut butter toast. I don't know why I have never tried it before, but it dawned on me - What would this taste like with just a little heat?
Looking in the 'fridge I saw the almost empty bottle of chipolte chocolate hot sauce and thought - Yeah!

For the record, it was good. I should have added a bit more, but I tend to be cautious when trying new flavor combos. 
I've had spicy peanuts as snacks in the past. I don't know why I never thought to spice up my peanut butter. I don't think I'll always use a little heat in my peanut butter, but it was a nice addition to the peanut butter toast and I'll look for different varieties to use on this and other pb snacks.

John

No comments: