Tuesday, December 20, 2022

That Elusive Christmas Spirit

I'm writing this a few minutes before midnight so it will be published on Tuesday morning. It's been a bit of a long day, but it has also been a good one. After a short nap this morning, I got to help our lead Chaplain at Mercy Hospitals of Aurora and Cassville. I had a few deliveries of food and gifts to folks around the area of SWMO. It was like being Santa's helper. Because the area is a largely rural area and there are lots of miles between Mercy Clinics, I logged over 150 miles in making my deliveries.

Although I often travel without a radio or music, I did find myself singing a few Christmas songs as I thought of my role as Santa's helper. Maybe that's just what I needed to move me along in my long journey to getting into the holiday spirit.  

Fake it 'til you make it, right?

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

John

No comments: