Tuesday, December 06, 2022

Firepit

My son thinks I need a firepit.
I'm not sure that I'd use it often enough to justify building one or buying one. 
But I am considering it. 

I do like the idea of an outdoor living area. A firepit would be a nice central focus for such an area. We live far enough out from friends that I don't think it would really become a gathering place for people. I see that both as a plus and a minus. Having a few people over every now and then to enjoy drinks and conversation around an evening fire might be enjoyable. I don't think it is something that I'd use by myself very often and don't think that Chris would be a big fan of it for just the two of us either. 

In any case, it's not going to be a winter project, so I have some time to consider it.
One of my brothers has a nice firepit that gets used often enough. We had a fire at my daughter's home on a couple of nights over the Thanksgiving holiday. 

Any friends/readers have firepits?
How often do you use them?
Do you use them just for yourselves?
For gatherings of friends?
Both?

Just wondering.

John

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had one as long as I can remember. The "idiot box", has overrun, that primal need to let go of your own thoughts and become one with mother earth. Staring into the fire has been not only a need for thousands of years but a source of human relaxation. Highly recommend 👌

Mike said...

I bought a fire pit ring. One of these days I'll put it together.