Friday, December 02, 2022

Winter activities

If you know me, you already know that winter ain't my thing.
If I were to choose a favorite winter activity, it would be traveling to a tropical beach. Since I've taken on a seasonal job this winter, traveling to a tropical beach isn't on the table of potential activities for the coming months.  

Fortunately, SWMO doesn't typically get a lot of snow. It makes the winter long without much opportunity for sledding, skiing, outdoor ice skating, or other snow and/or ice related fun. 
So, what do you do for winter fun?
Maybe it's the same thing you do for summer fun, but with more clothes on!

I need to run into Springfield today. Google Maps says it's 16 miles to the coffee shop where I'm meeting a guy. It will be a cool ride, but I think I'll take the bike. Motorcycle riding is a summer activity that I do in the winter, but with more (or at least warmer) clothes on. 

I still need to enclose the deck if I'm going to make use of it this winter.
I have a few magic effects I'd like to work on (although, I haven't been too serious about it). 
I also have some woodburning tools that I received a couple of years ago that might be fun to experiment with.
I read, but inside rather than outside.

Where do you live and what are your go-to winter activities?

John
#readyforspring

2 comments:

Kevin Gilmore said...

I find that living in Minnesota, a person has to have some hobbies, preferably both indoors and out. Stained glass keeps me busy indoors while my fatty does the job outside for me. I actually look forward to the change of seasons and the variety they add to my life by shifting my focus among my varied interests.

https://youtu.be/lllAKou7nEY

Mike said...

St. Louis is getting warmer winters. If it does snow, it melts the next day. My goto activity is the same as the hotass summer, in the basement on the computer. I would like permanent spring and fall.