Thursday, December 01, 2022

December 1 and a shout out to The Connecting Grounds

I never did make it out of the house yesterday. And since I didn't make it out of the house, there was no reason to get out of my pajamas, either!
Unfortunately, that won't be the case today.

After my morning coffee, I have a delivery of coats, clothes, and blankets to make. My cousin sent a bunch of things home with me for donation to The Connecting Grounds (TCG). 
The Connecting Grounds Outreach Center is a pretty cool place. It is primarily staffed by volunteers and is always a hive of activity. Much of the work is "paid" for by giving credits for bicycles, bus passes, or other items that are available. There is no cost for clothing, food items, or survival stuff. 
It is a resource for medical care, job placement, and other everyday needs such as haircuts and laundry.
The above link is to the Outreach Center site. If you want to find out more about TCG as an organization, click the "home" link.

If you would like to support TCG's Outreach Center, go to the above link and click the support button (upper right) to see the different ways that you can contribute.

One might think that TCG is there solely to provide care and support to the unsheltered and underprivileged of the Springfield community. Truthfully, TGC and Pastor Christie Love have given me more than I ever could have expected. Through my connection to them and through them I have learned to "Love Outloud" and become a much more aware and loving person. I will forever be grateful for what they have given to me.
It is through them (and others) that I find myself working at the Crisis Cold Weather Shelter for the third winter season. I am finding that I am a different person - a better person - when I am there, and I need to incorporate shelter John into the more isolated John that I am the rest of the time. 

By the way, I think The Connecting Grounds would be a great name for a coffee shop, don't you?

Have a grand day.
Find a way to give a little. 
Support my friends at TCG or a charity or cause of your own preference.
You'll be glad you did!

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

"no reason to get out of my pajamas"
I always put something on because I know I'll have to go to the mailbox. I don't want people to see me out front in my underwear.