Saturday, December 17, 2022

Guitar

I was pretty young when I got my first guitar for Christmas. I don't know how old I was, but it was a year when my mom mis-tagged all of our gifts so we wouldn't really know what we were getting. I ended up opening my baby sister's doll; I'm not sure who opened my guitar.
I'm sure somebody (Theresa) has that pic somewhere.

Recently, I've been thinking I should take it up again.
I was never very good but I did enjoy playing for myself. Truthfully, I don't know what I'd play. I mostly listen to old stuff and I don't know how much I'd play or try to pick up newer music. I'm not very motivated about it. I just think about it once in a while.

I haven't done much in the way of practicing magic again, either. Maybe I should consider leaving the past in the past
Or maybe it's okay to just enjoy a little of the past from time to time.

I gave away an old guitar a few years ago. If I take it up again I'll need to hit a local pawn shop. I don't even know what a guitar and strings would cost these days. Maybe I'll check into it.

John

2 comments:

Mike said...

I'm thinking some heavy metal to get the juices flowing.

John A Hill said...

Mike: I'm going to need a year's worth of lessons to start on the heavy metal.