Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Wednesday Wisdom

Love your family.
Cherish your moments together.

Last night we were able to just sit around the table, enjoy a good meal (Asian noodles by Mom), play cards, visit, and plan our time together. It was pretty awesome.
I know it didn't look like much, but we are seldom all together so it really makes this dad feel good when we are together.

When times are difficult (and they sometimes are), we are there for one another. 
When times are joyous, we celebrate together.
I am thrilled that the kids get to live in places that make them happy.
I am not so happy that those places are far away from us. It has been a long time since I've watched the weekend fights with Aaron or gone out for an afternoon coffee with Hannah. 

I am going to enjoy these next few days!

Over the past few years, I have met more and more wonderful people that are a part of the LGBTQ+ community. With that, I have met far too many that have been shunned by their families. I cannot understand this at all and my heart breaks for my friends that have been rejected by the people that are supposed to be there for them - especially the ones that are rejected for the sake of religion. I can't imagine the additional pain they feel at the holidays. I'm reminded of the warning Jesus gives in The Sermon on the Mount - You will be judged with the same measure that you use to judge others.
I want that to be a measure that is full of grace and love.

I saw this and shared it on Facebook a day or so ago. My FB memories from today shows I shared a very similar post three years ago.


Let's get the love part right, especially where family is concerned.

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

👍