Saturday, November 19, 2022

Traveling

We've got our traveling schedule backwards. We were in Puerto Vallarta while it was still hot and are traveling to Colorado Springs when it's cold. We need to switch that around.

One of the downsides of working the cold weather shelter this winter is the commitment to staying put for the winter. I know there will be days in January and February that I may regret having made such a commitment. I'll probably spend those days booking a spring trip or virtually shopping for condos on a beach somewhere.

I think we are overdue for a beach trip with our Canadian friends. Chris was in Nova Scotia for a girls' weekend in June, but it has been a while since I've seen them. And while Canada in the summertime might be fine, I'd much prefer a beach trip in the tropics - even in the summer! Planning such an adventure might be a project for one of those cold winter days that is coming. 
Maybe I'll plan a summer road trip on the motorcycle. I could plan a basehall and bike trip, riding from MLB stadium to stadium. Although my last bike trip was fun, I don't have the same enthusiasm for long days on the bike that I once had. I don't know. It might be that I just need to ride more often. 

In any case, we have travel plans for the Thanksgiving holiday and will probably be home for the rest of the cold weather season. We'll have to make up for that come springtime.

Tell me your travel stories.
Got any recommendations?
Invitations?

John


1 comment:

Mike said...

My Army reserve outfit went to summer camp in Wisconsin. We took our coats along for nighttime.