Sunday, November 27, 2022

Christmas Decorations

Thanksgiving is behind us and Christmas is less than a month away. We saw houses decorated with Christmas lights as we were driving through Kansas last night. We will be home later today to our undecorated home. We've never been big on the outdoor Christmas lights and in the past few years, we've gone much less on the indoor decorations, as well. We'll have a tree, some Santa figurines, a Nativity scene, and not a lot else.
Also, I'm not a big fan of that white Christmas crap. I'd much prefer a warm, sunny afternoon that I can comfortably enjoy a smoke and a spiked egg nog on the deck. 

As I dig out the few Christmas decorations, I'll be putting on the bah-humbug, as well. But that's for later in the week. We'll finish our drive home to SWMO today and I'll be on the road tomorrow to take Mom back to Metamora. Chris has been driving the CO to MO part of the trip so I'll be ready for the MO-IL-MO drive on Monday and Tuesday. It is a lot of car time, but it has been a worthwhile trip. 

I didn't realize what boring travelers we are until we added a third person to the car. There isn't a lot of conversation on most of our car trips. We listen to music, one drives, the other reads, yeah-pretty boring.
Sorry, Mom.

I'm getting Mom to a Catholic church for Mass this morning and we'll be back on the road by noon, home this evening. Christmas decorations will have to wait.

Bah
Humbug!

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

"Bah Humbug!"
Me too.