Monday, November 28, 2022

Church Attendance

It's not often that I actually go to church anymore. Time, distance, availability of live stream, pandemic habits - have all made actually going to church easy to avoid. We were on the road with my Catholic mom yesterday and I found a nearby Catholic church and accompanied her to Mass.

There are thngs about the Catholic Mass that I really like and even miss a little bit. There are also things that I find a little disturbing (maybe a topic for another day). It is pretty rare that I find the Homily or message part of the service to be engaging, but the priest yesterday was very good at delivering a message. He could have been an evangelist in a previous life, but I don't think Catholics believe in such things (previous life or evangelism).

From serving on the Church Council at The Venues and following pastors and churches on social media, I am aware that many churches are finding post pandemic attendance numbers to remain far below the pre-pandemic numbers. I really don't know about the religious habits and practicies of my readers anymore, but I am wondering if your church attendance habits have changed in the past few years.
Would you care to share in the comments?

Just wondering,

John

No comments: