Friday, November 25, 2022

No More Black Fridays

It is a little hard to be critical of the hoards of shoppers that make Black Friday shopping a holiday tradition. Although I have never made it into a big deal, I have taken advantage of some of the sale items in the past. These days I am more than happy to avoid the stores, the crowds, and the whole big commercialization of the entire Christmas season.

It's a nice day here today. We'll take Freya out to a dog park. Aaron bought a new softball glove and is hoping to break it in with a session of catch with Jenny. And we hope to make an evening trip to the brewery of the guy that secured the shooter from the club shooting a few days ago, here in CO Springs.
Tomorrow begins the trip home to SWMO followed by the round trip to Metamora.
It's been a good week.

As much as we all enjoy each other's company, I'm sure that getting back to the normal, everyday routine will bring its comfort to everybody. Being in one's own space (or in Hannah's case-having your space back to yourself) does bring a peaceful feeling to the spirit and is much more stress free than sharing space with others, even others that you love. 

Whether you spend your weekend shopping, Christmas parading, or quietly by yourself or with a few friends, I wish you well. 
To those that shop, Happy deal hunting. I hope you find the bargains and endorphin rush from your adventure.
As for me, I'm thankful that Black Fridays are a thing of the past.

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

Wishing well back at you!