Monday, November 21, 2022

Phone Post

Posting from my phone this morning because my laptop is in the car and at 17f it can stay there for now.

We spent the evening catching up with the kids and making some plans for the week. We'll do Thanksgiving with a Filipino twist and we will brave the cold to see Garden of the Gods, travel up Pikes Peak, and visit the cliff dwellings. We know that the train ride up to the Peak is going to be freezing!

Today we'll grocery shop for the week's meals and maybe watch a movie this evening. Hannah is working most days so we'll figure things out on our own.

I haven't seen the month long thankfulness posts on social media. Maybe people are feeling less thankful this year. I don't know. I do know that I am as thankful as I have ever been. It certainly doesn't mean that life is perfect. I think I have come to the place where I accept the imperfections as life. 

Maybe we have fooled ourselves into believing that life is supposed to be perfect or that we should strive for perfection. It's a sad and vain pursuit if you ask me. Life seems better when you can enjoy the moment rather than always be in search of something better.

Be thankful,

John


No comments: