Thursday, November 24, 2022

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my US readers!

These past few years of retirement have truly given me a perspective of gratitude. I realize that although I live a simple life, I am extremely privileged to do so. I have both the ability to stay home and peacefully enjoy the quiet of the deck with a cigar and a drink, and the ability to travel to visit my kids that are living in places they have chosen to live--Colorado Springs CO and Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico.
Additionally, Chris was able to travel to Nova Scotia this past summer to meet with some of our Canadien friends for a girls weekend.

We are spending this Thanksgiving in CO Springs. Our Mexico kids have flown up and my mom is with us, as well. While we are opting for a dinner of Filipino food instead of the usual turkey and dressing, we expect to have an enjoyable day and full bellies by its end.

Yesterday we rode to the summit of Pikes Peak via the cog railway. It was beautiful! One of the landmarks we could see on the distant horizon was Black Mesa, Oklahoma--200 miles away! 
We were so awestruck by the amazing vistas and a little limited on time due to the train schedule, that we failed to take the obligatory selfie at the summit! With such beauty all around, why ruin it by placing this mug in the foreground?






John

1 comment:

Mike said...

Awesome pics!