Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Certain People

We arrived home around 7pm Sunday night after having been gone for a week. The cupboards were bare.
I ran out to the nearby Dollar General to pick up a few things, but found them to be completely out of milk, as well. I decided to make the 10 mile trip to the grocery store. 

Now, I'm not one of those people that goes on about God directing our paths to meet certain people at certain times, but I was very pleased at a chance meeting with friend that I haven't seen in some time.  This person (that I really don't know well) is one of those people that just brings a good energy with him, one of those people that makes you feel better for having been around him. He was with his daughter and we only had a brief conversation, but it was really grand to see him. 

Coming off the Thanksgiving weekend it is easy to be thankful for little things like a chance meeting with a great guy. I really need to keep the attitude of gratitude and recognizing the little things in life that boost my daily energy and make me feel grateful. 
Even as my Sunday night meeting was unexpected, my Monday night planned gathering with a couple of old classmates was once again a boost to my spirit. I'll get to see my cousin this morning and they (she and her husband) are bringing blankets and winter items to donate to my friends at The Connecting Grounds.
I expect the 6+ hr trip home to be a breeze today. 

My introverted personality keeps me from interacting with too many people. I am grateful for the boundaries I've set and for the really great people that are a part of my life.
It's several days past Thanksgiving Day. What makes you feel grateful today?

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

Stop by Ted Drews and we can eat a Christmas tree together.