Friday, November 11, 2022

Reading

I've been in a bit of a reading funk lately.
I'm still reading every day but these last couple of non-fiction, full of science data reads have slowed me down quite a bit, sometimes just a chapter a day. Interesting stuff, but not something you can just breeze through. Learning stuff is work - even when you don't have to. It's a good reminder that I probably would be wasting time and money to go back to school for any reason.

My Kindle streak is still intact at 445 consecutive days, 100 consecutive weeks, plus there are those occasional books - you know, actual paper and ink books - that I pick up from the library or buy. I'm at 70 books for the year with two currently open. 
The oncoming winter may inspire more reading time, though that's hard to imagine for a retired guy.

My current books are Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahnemen and The Day the Revolution Began by N. T. Wright, both nonfiction which is rare for me. Reading more than one book at a time isn't unusual for me. Reading more than one nonfiction book at a time is.

What are you reading?

John


1 comment:

Mike said...

Blogs. I'm reading blogs. Lots of them. And magazines. I get quite a few of those also.