Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Last Minute Post

Okay, so it's not exactly a last minute post; more like a final hour post.
It is in the final minutes of the day to successfully count this as posting on November 16th.

It has been a long day. Overnight at the shelter with a little more than the quiet, uneventful nights we normally experience, a 4 hr sleep, a few errands and then a 6+ hour drive to Central IL.  I arrived about 10pm and will be heading home shortly after 10am in the morning. It's too short of a trip to connect with my old buddies, maybe on the return trip after Thanksgiving.

I've been thinking about the people at the shelter and how serving them has changed me. This is one of those posts that I think I want to take some time with. If you haven't heard from me about this in the next week or so, feel free to remind me about it. I think it is worth examining.

That's it for today.
Expect another short post for tomorrow.

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

You can get that short post in now. It's after midnight.