Saturday, November 12, 2022

Brrrr...

Cold weather has made it to the Ozarks!
This isn't my preferred way of spending my more coffee and quiet time, but I'm pretty certain it will become the norm in the coming months.


I am ready for spring.

Last night was the first night Springfield's overnight cold weather shelters were open. 
Chris and a friend joined me to help get guests settled at one of the shelters. The set-up and hospitality crew is usually out of there by 10pm. We were out a little earlier last night. 
Due to this early overnight freezing streak, I'll be starting my overnight monitor duties a little earlier than planned. I know that spending the night at the shelter then working the next day isn't an option for most people, but there are other areas where volunteers are needed. Talk to me if you'd like to help in some way.

Stay warm
...and consider donating blankets, coats, hats, gloves, etc., to a shelter or organization in your area.

John
 

No comments: