Sunday, November 05, 2017

Nov 5th; Standard Time

It is the first day of our return to standard time.
I may have to make an adjustment in my waking hours to fully take advantage of the available daylight. I do hate the shorter days and early sunsets. I took advantage of the extra hour last night and stayed up late watching some of the post fight shows from UFC 217.

It was a good card with some brutal knock outs and three new Champions were named!
I still get some odd looks from people when they find out I am a mixed martial arts (MMA) fight fan, but I really do enjoy watching and following certain fighters. There is a December Bellator fight that isn't too far from me, but I have a hard time justifying the additional cost of an overnight stay and tickets for the fight when I can watch it for free on TV.

*****

This morning I'll be preaching at a little country church that is only a few miles from my home. The church is currently without a pastor as theirs recently retired. So far they have been filling their pulpit on a weekly basis. I don't know if that will continue to be their practice while the look for a new pastor or if they will seek an interim pastor. In either case, I am there for the morning and evening services today.
I'll be in Chicago next weekend to visit with the kids, and will be preaching at another local church the following weekend.

I think I will be doing some more posts on what I believe during the coming weeks. I'm finding that to be a little more difficult than I expected. In the past, such discussions have been driven more by dialogue and by what others say they believe in or by questions they may ask. Trying to follow an organized pattern of thought on my own is more difficult than just sitting and typing away. Maybe order is not as important as I think it is. After all, it is about unorganized religion, right?

I hope that you find time to praise God today. Whether you do that by gathering with other believers or by spending alone time with God, I hope that you will acknowledge the many blessings of life and praise Him for his goodness.

Blessings, my friends.

John <><

3 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I find myself confused when we go off or on daylight savings time. I must admit that the benefit/loss ratio is greater for people living in more northerly locations.

Glad you took advantage of the extra hour, John!

Mike said...

I almost forgot to change the clocks last night. Not that it would make much difference. Well, except for the TV schedule.

Duckbutt said...

I wish we would do away with the time changes twice a year.