Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Nov 22nd; Adult Kids

It is almost 9am and the sun is shining in the Ozarks
...but it is still freezing out! It is 25f (-4c) and only warming very slowly.

I'm enjoying my morning coffee and waiting for the temp to reach the freezing mark before hopping on the motorcycle to take care of my daughter's cats while the kids are away for the holidays. It's only about 15 miles (24km) one way and I suppose I could drive my car, but the sun is shining and even a short ride in the cold makes for a good day.

Our kids are both elsewhere for the Thanksgiving holiday and so we will be dining with friends tomorrow. Aaron and Jenny are on the beach in Puerto Vallarta (where it is currently 72f (22c) and supposed to make it to the mid 80s) and Hannah and Daniel are off to dinner with his family.

I have to admit, I kind of like it when I'm able to help the kids in any way, even something as simple as feeding the pets. I really enjoy being with our adult kids and their spouses and wish we could all get together more often. Even though we do manage a gathering around the holidays, it is a little sad spending Thanksgiving without them. However, I am very thankful for them and that they have grown to be some fine people!

Our house will be full of good smells later today as Chris bakes some pies for tomorrow's feast.
I hope that you are all feeling thankful for life and will be able to spend the day with someone you love.

John <><

1 comment:

Mike said...

You could hop on your bike and head for the beach. A few days and you'd be there!