Friday, November 24, 2017

Nov 24th; Exercise

One of my brothers is on a personal goal of purposeful exercise every day through Jan 1.
He offered it as a challenge of sorts to see if anyone would like to join him. I know that my days of exercise/activity will be nothing like his, but figured it's something that I need to do, too.

Yesterday was a brief 15 minutes on the exercise bike. I had planned on getting on it again later in the day, but our Thanksgiving day outing went later than I expected. Fifteen minutes shouldn't really count for daily exercise, but I suppose one has to start somewhere. Some time (either today or tomorrow) my exercise for the day will be a couple of hours of raking leaves.

Maybe I need a December walking goal. It has been a long time since I was in the habit of daily walking. My walks or pedaling while watching TV (the Blues are skating tonight) are pretty light work compared to the running, cycling and weight lifting that others do, but I do believe that regular exercise is something that I really need to get back to doing. This will be a good way to get back in the habit.

Well, I've had my coffee and written for my blog. I guess it's time to get some exercise.
Ugh!

John <><

2 comments:

Mike said...

Typing is exercise, isn't it?

Elvis Wearing a Bra on His Head said...

Getting exercise is a great idea for health, John Hill!