Thursday, November 02, 2017

A Man on a Mission

Like many followers of Jesus, I haven't always done a good job of representing the King as an ambassador, nor have I always done a good job of sharing the simple message that God loves you and Jesus died for you.

It's true that I have had "professional" opportunities that many don't get (i.e. preaching from the pulpit or performing magic that delivers that message), but my personal, one on one witnessing has been lacking. Much of that is because I just don't talk to many people. I really need to work on that.

I guess I could join a club or something. Maybe take a class, join a gym, or hang out at McDonalds with the other old people that go there to drink coffee and socialize.
It's getting to be the time of year when neighbors tend to spend more time indoors so talking with neighbors will have fewer opportunities for several months.

I am turning to my readers and social media followers to help me in my search for ways to connect with people.
Should I -- dare I say it -- get a job?
Find a coffee shop where I can hang out?
Take a class? And if so, what kind of class?
Join a gym?
What are your suggestions?

I should mention that I'm not just looking for people so that I can share the gospel. I'm looking for people to make a connection. Asking about church, beliefs, etc., is just a part of that.

So ...
How does an old introvert meet people?
Help a guy out, please!

John <><

4 comments:

Mike said...

Run for political office. You'll meet all kinds of people whether you want to or not.

John A Hill said...

Ha!
Thanks, but no thanks!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Would taking an exercise or yoga class be feasible?

John A Hill said...

Indeed, a possibility, Angel.