Thursday, November 09, 2017

Nov 9th; Up before the sun

It isn't often that I am up before the sun now that I sleep until I'm finished.
Today is one of those days since I need to get on the road and make use of the available daylight.
I'll be traveling north today and so the day will be even shorter. Did you know that Chicago IL has 26 fewer minutes of daylight than Ozark MO today? The sun rises a little earlier but sets much earlier.
I was surprised by the difference.

I think I'm going to shorten today's ride and stop in Metamora for the night. I still need to check with the folks about dropping in on them, but will do that from the road.
Right now I'm enjoying the necessary go juice (coffee) before bundling up and getting started.
Despite the cold temperatures, I'm looking forward to the ride. That may change once I'm out for a bit. This will be my first long cold weather ride -- and it's a doozy!

Here are a couple of books I'm currently re-reading.



In case you can't tell, the solid black book is my Bible.
I know the challenge says no explanation, but since I've changed the terms of the challenge, well...


Have a grand day!

John <><

2 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Have a great ride, John! And a great visit.

Mike said...

I let the dog out about 7 this morning. There was frost on the ground. Stay warm.