Monday, November 20, 2017

Nov 20th; Baseball Blues

I have have managed to post every day for the first two thirds of the month and only have ten posts left to complete the challenge of daily posting for the month of November. For each November that I've tried this National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo) challenge, I gain respect for the daily bloggers that do it year 'round.

As the days grow shorter and night falls earlier, I find myself missing baseball season. I'm not much of a TV watcher -- unless it's baseball season. Honestly, I don't know how football fans can get by with only getting to watch your favorite team play for just 16 games per year. No wonder there is so much hype for every single game!

Fortunately, there are MMA fights nearly every weekend and the Blues skate a couple of times per week, as well. Baseball has it's winter talks and off-season deals to follow, but it isn't the same as watching a game. I haven't bothered to start a countdown clock to Opening Day or to Spring Training. Maybe I should. I could add to the anticipation by using an image of a loaded ballpark hotdog as the background for the countdown clock!
I have checked the spring schedules for the St. Louis Cardinals, the Kansas City Royals, and the Springfield Cardinals (the AA affiliate of the big team) so I can plan a few motorcycle ride/baseball outings. I'm looking at day games where I can make the round trip in daylight and not have to eat too many bugs on a night ride home.

Today is supposed to top 60f degrees (16c) and I think I'll treat myself to nice ride of a hundred miles or so.
Keep an eye out for us retired guys on motorcycles.

Be well,
John <><

5 comments:

Mike said...

When you're watching MMA, do you pretend that the guy you're not rooting for is trump?

John A Hill said...

No.
#45 would be displeased to know that I rarely think about him.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Now those are trips with real destinations! Ride smoothly, John; and hope your team wins!

John A Hill said...

Thanks, Angel.
Maybe some day I'll make the ride to TN and see the Cubs minor league team!

Big Sky Heidi said...

Enjoy the game!