Thursday, November 30, 2017

Nov 30th! NaBloPoMo Success!

I'm cheating a little bit by writing this post on the evening of Nov 29.
The Blues are getting ready to take the ice against the Ducks and I'll move over to the exercise cycle to get my daily exercise in.  I'll post it in the morning.

In getting back to Thursdays are for thanksgiving, I am thankful that November is over and I have met the National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo) challenge of posting everyday. I'm probably not the only one that's thankful that I probably won't be posting every day.
I am also thankful that I have had the opportunity to share my faith with many students (and their parents, too) over the years and have earned their trust to the point that they still call me with occasional questions or just to check in and let me know how they are doing.

The reason I'm writing tonight is that I will be on the road tomorrow shortly after the sun rises. It should be around 45F (7.2C) when I start out and upper 50s (14C) by the time I get home in the mid afternoon.
I got a text last night from a college student with some questions on faith and I figured a face to face discussion would be better than on the phone, so I made plans to get a nice ride in and take advantage of a beautiful late November day. I should end up with around 375 miles or so for the day.

It was kind of nice hearing from a former student with questions of faith. Over the years, I've been blessed to have been contacted by several students that are away from home or home on a break. There is no doubt that the contact came at a good time for me. A little divine affirmation was just what I needed.

So I am looking forward to a nice morning ride and a late breakfast/early lunch meeting. I'll probably take a slightly different route home when time is less critical and spend less time on the interstate.
If you're out on the highways today, watch for retired guys on motorcycles.
And if you're the praying kind, ask for God to send a little wisdom my way as I share with a searching young man.

John <><

3 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Yay! You made the goal! Nov Happy December, John!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I hope your Blues win!

Mike said...

Hey, a post on the 30th is a post on the 30th! Don't forget to get your badge.