Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Nov 15; To Bob or Not to Bob?

I am not really mechanically inclined. When it comes to working on motorized vehicles or fixing things around the house that need fixing, my philosophy has always been -- They paid me well to do the job I knew how to do. I should be willing to pay someone else well to do the job they know how to do.



Having said that, I've been toying with the idea of doing some modifications to an old motorcycle that I have. It's an '82 Honda CM450. I'm thinking of turning it into a little bobber. I'm not exactly sure what that will take, but since I'm not riding it now, it won't really matter if it takes me a long time to get it done.
I imagine I'll be able to find some You Tube videos or online help from some motorcycle forums. I'll need to find a single saddle and either remove or cut down the rear fender. I'll also have to move the rear brake light and turn signals. The front windscreen will also come off.
As an older 450, it can currently make it to 70 mph with my big ol' butt on it, but I doubt it would go much faster and certainly won't hold that speed uphill. Stripping it back a bit (especially removing the windscreen) might help, but it will be more for fun or to sell than to actually ride on the highway.
Maybe a winter project to keep the old retired guy off social media and my blog, thereby keeping me out of trouble.

I'll get back to my un-organized religion posts soon (that will aggravate some of the self righteous religious people), but I've come to realize that most everything sensible offends them anyway. I have reached the point of not really caring about people that find offense where none was intended. If you want to be a victim -- you're a victim.
But I digress ...

John <><


5 comments:

AuntieAllyn said...

LOL, Stan often talks about "bobbing" a bike . . . maybe his H-D Sportster. I don't know that he'll ever do it, but I do know that there are plenty of YouTube videos out there to guide you through the process.

Mike said...

That bike is almost as old as you!

John A Hill said...

A Sportster would make a great bobber!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Happy bobbing. I first read it with two o's.

John A Hill said...

Haha, Angel! Getting boobs on a bobber is tough since there is no pillion!