Monday, November 06, 2017

Nov 6; The Good Life

It is late in the day (almost 2PM) and I'm just now sitting down to take care of my National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo) obligation.
I have also neglected my novel writing so far today.

However, it has been a fairly productive day, none the less.
I started the day meeting an old friend for breakfast. He is a fellow evangelist with more pastoral leanings than I have. I always enjoy getting together with him and have often been blessed by both his wit and wisdom.

I took the long way home from the restaurant (a common occurrence for motorcycle riders) but made it home in time to rake the front and south side yard before the rain was coming down too hard. After my gourmet lunch (two peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, one with blackberry jelly and one with strawberry) and getting started on my laundry, I am now ready to blog.

Not long ago, I was thinking about some of the people that have made their way into and out of my life; the ones that made a positive impact on my life and will forever be considered to be a friend. It doesn't take a long time to actually name or number them. There just aren't that many. But I am reminded of how blessed I am to have known them.
Because life has separated us, we rarely interact anymore. There may be an occasional text or a social media contact, but the truth is that life often just moves on and we move along with it.

I can't say that it really makes me sad, nostalgic maybe, but not sad. It is just the way of things.
If I was participating in the daily thankfulness theme (I'm not), I would say I am thankful for the people that have helped shaped me into the guy that always confuses people with both conservative and progressive values. I am thankful that some of those people have very different ideas on religion, politics, and social issues, yet still call me their friend.

I have a good life.
I don't have a lot of friends, but I have a few and they are enough.
I hope you have enough friends.
It's said, "If you want to have friends, be a friend."
I may have just found the problem!

John <><

1 comment:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

John, it's nice to seek and find contentment. You deserve it!