Tuesday, November 30, 2021

I Could Do This

This is my view as I write on this last day of November.


I am looking out over the bay from the front porch of my kids' apartment in Puerto Vallarta. We arrived late yesterday afternoon, took a few moments to get settled, and walked into the commercial district for dinner and an evening walk on the pier, along the beach, and through the city.
It is a bit of an uphill climb to get to the apartment. It's a climb just to get up from the road in front of their place plus the uphill walk from the ocean.

Although the view is beautiful, there is a pretty busy road that passes right in front of me and the traffic noise detracts from the serenity of the setting. Nevertheless, watching the fishing boats set out from the bay in the morning is something I could easily get used to. 
Living in Mexico (Zihautanejo would be my city of choice) has been a desire of mine for quite some time. I am really happy to see the kids living their dream and being here now.  We'll be sharing their space and enjoying the tropical climate for the next few days. 

#Retirementdoesnotsuck

John

P.S. This completes another successful NaBloPoMo. Thanks for enduring my daily and often nonsensical posts.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Do you speak Spanish? Even a little?

John A Hill said...

I can manage okay if someone speaks an equally small amount of English.