Thursday, November 04, 2021

What's Your Struggle?

We all seem to have a daily nemesis, something we struggle with on a regular basis. 
It might be doing too much, or doing too little.
It might be finding time for ourselves or finding the time to take care of everyone else.
It might be being alone or it might be being around too many people.
It might be struggling to be yourself, the person you feel you really are.
Or maybe it's struggling with yourself because you don't like the person you really are.

My current struggle is with better health.
I'd really like to get to a point where I don't have to think about it. I just practice good habits. I'm not there yet.
I know that I need to move more.
I know that I need to eat better (and less).
And I know that I have to think about it ALL THE TIME or I'm likely to make bad choices.

I'm working on it. If you follow my other blog Healthy Living (by an unhealthy guy)  you already know of my struggles. Writing about it helps me to stay focused. Sometimes that's all it takes to get started--writing it down, saying it out loud, recognizing the struggle and addressing it.
So...
What's your struggle?
Did you know that you can comment anonymously on this blog?
You can write your struggles and not leave your name. Seriously, sometimes that really helps.
And since I moderate all comments, you can share with me and ask that your comment not be published.
In any case, I want to encourage you as you face your daily struggles. I know how valuable a few words of encouragement can be.

Life is a journey.
We can help each other along the way.

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

Doing too little about the too much I have to do.