Saturday, November 06, 2021

Winter Settings for Older People

...Not for "old" people, for people like me--you know, older than young people, but not really old.
Anyway, it is time to set-up winter heat settings in the house and I'm finding last year's 67 (19.4c) degrees to feel a bit chilly this year. I'm hoping it's just that I haven't adjusted to fall temps yet and the same settings of 67 in the daytime and heat off at night will work again this year. 
Even on the coldest nights the temp in the house would only be around 60 (15c) by morning and that's where we had the programable thermostat of our last home set for nighttime sleeping.

We haven't had the heat on for the past few days, and have only used the furnace for a day or two so far this fall. The house was 63 (17.2c) at wake up and I used the gas fireplace to bring the main living area up to around 70 (21.1c). By the end of next week the furnace will probably be in daily use.

Maybe I'll lose enough weight and natural insulation by January that I'll need to reconsider our settings. I wouldn't mind a warmer setting for thinner people vs a warmer setting for "older" people.
Have I mentioned that I'm not a fan of fall/winter?
#readyforspring

John

1 comment: