Saturday, November 20, 2021

Adios, Amigos!

It 's been two years or so since we have been on a tropical beach. The pandemic really hurt that area of the economy--at least for those of us that were being cautious about potential exposure. By the time our kids moved to Mexico last month, my passport was more than a year expired.

The government website said to expect 12-14 weeks for renewal or 10-12 weeks with expedited handling. I decided the two were close enough that I wasn't going to pay for expedited handling. 

You can imagine my surprise when this showed up in the mail on Thursday!


It had only been one month!
Because we were working around the house during the afternoon and I had barchurch in the evening, it took a whole 10 hours before I actually found and booked a flight for us to head for a tropical beach.
Now we just have to wait for the travel dates. 

Life's a beach!
John

1 comment:

Mike said...

I have to renew also. Even though I don't plan on going anywhere.