Saturday, November 13, 2021

Getting to know you

Tell me some thing about you that most people don't know.
This past Thursday night our barchurch pastor was absent as it was opening night for her daughter's high school musical, Footloose. Her daughter had the female lead.

That brought me back to the days of my own high school musicals. 
My junior year I played the role of Conrad Birdie in the musical Bye, Bye, Birdie. In our show, Conrad Birdie made his entrance to the auditorium on a motorcycle that was provided by a local dealer. The Kawasaki 125 had a tendency to die if it wasn't warmed up well. As the show began, I was out in the back parking lot riding the bike and just having fun. Then the stage manager comes running out screaming that I'm on! I killed the motor. He ran through the halls pushing the bike with me following. When we got to the auditorium doors, I sat down on the bike, combed my hair and there was my cue! The doors opened, I fired up the bike, and made my entrance right on time! 

Sure, people that have known me for most of my life know about my high school drama/chorus days. For most of my current friends and acquaintances, this is probably a surprise.

What's your "I bet you didn't know..." moment?

John


                                                                circa 1977

1 comment:

Mike said...

I don't know that I have one. At least not that I can think of right now.