Sunday, November 28, 2021

Travel Day

Well sort of...
It's more like a pre-travel day.
We decided to drive to Bentonville AR today and overnight in a hotel rather than getting up very early tomorrow and driving then. We can leave our car at the hotel and take the airport shuttle. The cost of the hotel is about the same as the long term parking would be and we have less stress and a much easier travel day on Monday. And Groucho the cat gets an extra day of being spoiled by her cat-sitter/house sitter.

It has been so long since we've traveled anywhere!
We did make a short trip to Orlando almost two years ago. That may be the only real travel in about four years! I'm hoping that we can do much more traveling in the coming year -- coronavirus and its variants be damned!
I really didn't ride my motorcycle at all in 2021. I'm not sure why. I just didn't. I'm thinking 2022 will be different and I need to plan a few long rides. I can ride to see the kids in Colorado Springs. Chris would rather fly. I'll ride and meet her there.
The same for our Canadian friends, although it's a much longer ride! It's about 2100 miles to Hallifax, Nova Scotia and around 1000 miles to Georgian Bay in Ontario. Both would be great bike rides, but I'd need to find a couple of MLB cities and games along the way for the multiple day trips. If I stay south of the Great Lakes on the way to Nova Scotia I can pick up Ohio and Pennsylvania -- two states that I missed on my last bike trip east. And they have baseball teams, so...

Anyway, it is good to think about traveling again. I hope it works out in 2022.
I am looking forward to walking into the Pacific this week. It has been too long. 

A tropical beach
A tropical drink
A tropical cigar

A slice of heaven on earth

John

2 comments:

Mike said...

Where in the Pacific are you going to walk into?

John A Hill said...

Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico