Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Running on Empty

Well it is just the first day of the second half of November and I am running out of things to write about for National Blog Posting Month. I'm looking at my coffee mug this morning and it reminded me that yesterday I was thinking of one weird thing that I miss about working -- stairs!


If you're also following my other blog, you know that I've been trying to get daily exercise. Before I retired I would often do the stairs on my breaks. It was 80 stair steps from ground level to the fifth floor where the elevator stopped. I always took the stairs up and rode the elevator down since going down stairs is hard on my knees. Six reps of that plus the twenty additional stairsteps to the sixth floor break room was an even 500 stairs and a decent bit of exercise several times a day.

It would be pretty handy to have easy access to some stairs like that, but definitely not worth going back to work! I'll manage with my exercise cycle, treadmill, and just plain walking. 
Sometimes I see social media memories of sunset or sunrise pics from the tower, and sometimes I think of watching thunderstorms rolling in from the tower. Those are about the only things that I miss about working. As it is, there are pretty good sunrises (although I'm rarely up to see them) and sunsets visible from our home, and the deck is a fine place from which I can enjoy a nice rainfall with a bit of thunder and lightning. 
All-in-all, the mug saying sums it up pretty well!

Tomorrow will probably be a lame Wednesday Wisdom meme. Thursday I'll need to figure something out or just decide that this whole National Blog Posting Month is lame and drop it. As it is, this will be my 184th post of the year, my third highest annual post count in my 15 years of blogging. 187 is second highest and 202 is the most I've posted in a year. 

See you tomorrow
...maybe.

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

Stairs? And no comment on my blog today... about stairs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFQKvtbD6Kw