Wednesday, December 01, 2021

December

I'm sitting in the same place as I was yesterday morning and thinking it's a little weird to hear a rooster crowing in a very urban, heavy traffic (both cars and pedestrians) area, and yet he is proudly announcing the presence of the morning.
The sun rises a little bit later on the western side of the mountains, but there is already much activity in the busy little port community of Puerto Vallarta. 
Most of the time I'm just watching the people make their way into town. Early, most are locals heading into work (my guess). Later the tourists (most tourists are obviously tourists) making their way into the business district for shopping, a day at the beach, breakfast, or an all day excursion of some type. 

A cruise ship is entering the bay. It's about the same time as the one that came in yesterday morning. I imagine the city is happy to have the money from the cruise ship industry flowing back into the local economy. 
I think we are going to do a beach day today. We'll find a local beachside cafe or restaurant and set up to enjoy the afternoon with occasional drinks and food. I'll have my books and phone to pass the time as well as taking time to walk along the beach and wade into the ocean. Temps are forecast for the mid 80s (29c). I like the December temps in the tropics. It's still very green and the flowers are still blooming. We spent yesterday by the pool and will be on the beach today.

Did I mention that I think I could do this?

John

No comments: