Thursday, November 11, 2021

Camping

I'm 61. Camping is not my thing. We have been camping, but always been with more experienced campers. This was our first outing on our own as rookie campers. In spite of some minor problems, my overall assessment -- It wasn't bad.

First off -- November camping in Missouri is pretty much for hardcore campers and rookies. There were very few campers in a very large campground as water service throughout the grounds was off except for 1 bathroom/shower house and a few frost-free spigots to load holding tanks or containers. It was a beautiful setting and we may be back during warmer weather if we decided to continue this outdoor experiment.

Secondly -- While having a camper gives us the ability to travel to and see other areas, when it come to being outdoors and enjoying nature I do that most days from the comfort of my deck. We even sleep out here (yes, I am writing from the deck) many nights and a fully functioning bathroom is just steps away (more important to Chris than to me).

As I said -- It wasn't bad.
In the end, we will continue to venture out into the camping life if Chris decides that is what she wants to do. I am pretty easy about doing it or not. There is just a little mindset change in that camping is more work than what we have been accustomed to on our travels. It may be that we will haul our little camper to use as a place to breakfast, snack, and sleep, while making use of whatever local resources there are for dining out for lunch and dinner. We'll probably be back and making adjustments for a little while. Experience is a good teacher.
Only time will tell.

John


1 comment:

Mike said...

I had my fill of camping with the scouts.