Sunday, November 21, 2021

Holidays Bring Joy, Sadness, and Stress

It is the Sunday before Thanksgiving in the US and small towns around the country have had their Christmas parades in the past few days. It is a kind of unofficial start to the holiday season.
It is so weird that the holidays can bring so much joy, some bitter sadness, and off the charts stress to so many people. I know that this 2022 holiday season will be the first without a loved one for some. For others it will be a different family dynamic due to divorce, rejection, geographic separation, or even deeply divided politics.

I don't know why I've been thinking about this. I just have. And I'm wondering how some of my friends are doing. Some will have new holiday traditions and new ways to celebrate; others will just be alone. Some will deal with old family stressors; others will have new ones.

If your holiday season is shaping up to be a rough one, consider reaching out and letting somebody know. If your in the Springfield MO area--give me a shout. We'll grab a beer or a coffee and chat for a bit. Sometimes life is hard. It's often less difficult if you can share it with somebody.

John 

1 comment:

Mike said...

2021