Friday, November 26, 2021

My Black Friday Deal

I am not the Black Friday kind of shopper. I'll be camped out safely in my home while others are flooding the stores looking for "door buster" deals. I'm not even venturing out for a coffee shop cup of coffee or afternoon craft beer.

Sometime today I will be receiving a package from a pre-Black Friday deal. I took advantage of the sales to buy myself a new laptop. This may be the last blog that I type on my current rigged 2 in 1 tablet and keyboard. The keyboard part of it stopped functioning long ago and has been replaced with a Bluetooth connected keyboard and the whole thing is mounted in an old, generic tablet keyboard folder that I repurposed. It's been a long time since I owned a large sized (14.5") laptop. Even the last two laptops I've owned were of the 10" Chromebook size to make for easier portability and those go back to my working days almost seven years ago.

I'm sure that I'll keep this little gem, Maybe I'll ditch the additional keyboard and learn to use it more as a tablet. Maybe it will become my Kindle reader at home instead of always using my phone. Or maybe it will end up in an electronics recycle box with several other old computers.
Since I'm low tech and cheap, my new laptop is inexpensive and simple. I'll be getting it setup to suit me as best as a computer illiterate old guy can this afternoon/evening. Fun times ahead!

Any Black Friday shoppers among my readers?
Any great deals you've snagged for yourself or for a Christmas gift?
Any other "Bah! Humbug" on the whole Christmas shopping people like me?



John

2 comments:

Mike said...

I'm trying to avoid buying anything today. But there are some good deals online. No store visits needed.

John A Hill said...

Mike,
Yep. Btw, I am responding to this on my new, early Black Friday purchase.