Monday, August 02, 2021

Who Makes You Smile?

There are those people in everybody's life that bring a smile to their face.
It's automatic -- You see them, you smile.
Often times, just thinking about them is enough bring a smile to your face.
Who are those people in your life?

I had some encounters with several of my smile inducers last week.
My mom.
I swear that woman makes everybody smile! There is an infectious joy that radiates from her and lightens any space she occupies. I speak with her almost daily and always come away feeling better about the world and life in general.

My brother Steve.
Yesterday, our cousin Rick posted a picture taken with Steve and referred to him as his favorite cousin. I commented that I was hurt, but in all honesty, if Steve was my cousin--he'd be my favorite, too!
I have three brothers and two sisters. Everyone of them is a damn fine human being and I love them all. But I've often said that Steve is the best of us. 
It was really good to see you, brother!

Old friends
Mike, Joe, Rex, Theresa 
Visiting with you was like finding an old treasure that I had set aside and forgotten about. Please forgive me -- both for setting you aside (for several decades) and forgetting the part of life that we shared.

There are so many more, but these are fresh on my mind today (and I am smiling as I type).
Who are your people?
Admit it -- you're smiling now as you think about them, aren't you?
Why not send them a message today? "Thinking about you--and smiling"
I'll bet they smile, too!

John

No comments: