Thursday, August 26, 2021

Introverts and Extroverts

I saw a post yesterday (Twitter, I think) that got me thinking about introverts and extroverts.
The post questioned why it seems quite common to challenge the behavior of introverts -- You need to get out more, You need to socialize more, Why are you so shy?, etc. -- but it's rarely done to extroverts.

But is that really true?
Maybe I just don't see that part.
Personally, I'm more likely to get the -- You're not an introvert! -- than I am the others. And I think that's weird. I don't know that I'd be so bold (and arrogant) to tell an extrovert that they're not really an extrovert.

So, to the extroverts out there:
Do people tell you (often) that what you really need is some alone time?
Do you often feel criticized for always wanting to be around other people?
Are you ever made to feel bad for being an extrovert?
And are you guilty of challenging the behaviors of your introvert friends?

Just wondering...

John

No comments: