Thursday, August 19, 2021

Do I need a hobby?

Do you have a hobby?

I'm going to say that I really don't.
I used to consider magic a hobby, but I haven't really done much of that lately. Nor have I been riding my motorcycle much. I've been working in the yard and garden, but have to say that I look on that more as work that needs to be done than a hobby to be enjoyed. 
I read a fair amount, but definitely don't consider it to be a hobby. 
Yeah, I think it's fair to say that I don't have any hobbies.

If we use the definition of -- a regular activity done for enjoyment during leisure time -- I guess parking my butt on the deck with a cigar, a beer, and some background music would qualify as a hobby.
By that definition, doing nothing is a hobby.
I guess I don't think it is important that I have to be doing something. In fact, I keep telling myself that I've become pretty comfortable as a non-productive member of society. 

How about you?
Any hobbies?
Do you consider listening to music, reading books, smoking cigars, etc., hobbies?
Blogging?
Scrolling through social media?

Let's hear it. 
What are your hobbies?

John

No comments: