Tuesday, November 14, 2023

NaBloPoMo Blues

I can tell it's about halfway through the month of November because I'm starting to ask myself -- Why did I start this NaBloPoMo thing again this year?
And I don't have a new pic to post this morning, either!
Maybe I'll take one later and have a twofer Tuesday post!
Maybe not.

I am so grateful for the nice weather we've been having -- both for the ability to get out and work and for each nice day that brings us closer to spring and seems to shorten the coming winter. It's too bad I am not very motivated to start working earlier on the daylight shortened days. At least any deadlines I have are pretty much self-imposed and easily shifted.

Today's journal prompt asks -- "What time of day are you most productive?"
It then encourages tracking activity and production for a week and learning to maximize that productive time.

I'd have to say that my best time is early afternoon -- sometime between noon and around 4 PM.
That isn't always ideal when it's summer time, but fortunately, I don't mind working in the midday sun. I'll need to start a little earlier than that today if I am to successfully move a couple of tons of dirt. I only managed a little more than one ton yesterday and am hoping to double that today. It's days like these that I really notice the effects of aging.

I am looking forward to a good day of work and then an evening cigar and perhaps, the first spiked eggnog of this holiday season.
What are your plans for the day and when is your most productive time?

John

1 comment:

Cloudia said...

Enjoy your afternoons! No pressure. We enjoy seeing you when you can show up. Aloha!