Thursday, November 02, 2023

Feeding Rock

Today's photo post comes a little late in the day as I had other things to attend to this morning.
These large rocks were dug up when excavating for the foundation of our house. I suppose they would have made a nice landscaping feature for the front yard, but that's not where the contractor left them. Eventually, I hope to make a birdbath kind of fountain water feature. The idea is in my head; I just have to work it out and put it together.


For now, this is where I have been leaving a handful of raw peanuts for the crows each morning. I'm not sure if I am training them or if they are training me. Sunday morning was a pretty frosty morning and I opted for coffee inside instead of bundled up on the chilly deck. Around 8 o'clock I heard the loud cawing of the crows in the back yard. I looked out the window and saw two of the three that usually show up, so I put on a jacket and went out to feed them. 
As soon as I stepped out, they flew off. They are very cautious about taking the peanuts, but they didn't go far. I left a handful and returned to the house. When I checked about 30 minutes later, the peanuts were gone.

I'll have to work on getting a picture or video of them "stealing" my peanuts.

No comments: