Friday, November 17, 2023

Paybacks vs Paying Forward

I'm kind of excited about something I get to do today.
First the back story --

Over the years, so many people have helped Mom and Dad with rides to doctor's appointments or treatments. Even now, Mom still gets rides from friends or relatives as she has surrendered her driver's license and sold the van. There really is no way to payback all of the folks that have helped them by providing transportation when I couldn't.

A week or so ago I saw a post about a resident of Eden Village that had an appointment for medical treatment and thought -- It's time for payback, or more correctly -- time to pay it forward. 
I contacted the director and offered to be available to provide transportation for residents that might need a lift to doctor's appointments or something like that. 
Yesterday I got a late request for today.
I'm pretty stoked about this.
The appointment is in the middle of the day and I won't get much else done today, but damn, I am really more excited about this than I probably should be.

It's grey, overcast, and cool
...and I am really looking forward to this day!
I hope you are, too.

John

1 comment:

Mike said...

Are you going to put them in the back seat and tell them not to talk?