Thursday, November 09, 2023

Cooler Temps Ahead

The last three days have been sunny and warm, but now the cooler temps are settling in and I think we've seen the last of the summer like days. It has made it into the 80s (27c) each of the last three days, but I don't even see a 70 (21c) degree day for the rest of the month. Nights will also be much cooler with a few nights towards the end of the month dipping down to the freezing point.

Sitting by the fireplace in the early morning or late evening is nice, but it really doesn't compare to sitting on the deck and enjoying the view and the sounds of nature. I know there are still going to be afternoons when I will sit out and enjoy a cigar, but the evening smokes are going to be few and far between as the colder nights settle in. I took advantage of last night's temp to enjoy a good, long smoke and sip a nice bourbon. 


I tend to smoke less expensive cigars during cold weather. That way I don't feel bad about letting them go out if I change my mind and decide it's too cold to be outside. I'm considering not putting up the plastic panels this year. I don't know if I'll stay with that or feel like I need to be out here enough to justify it. I guess we'll see.

Looking on the bright side, the daytime 50s (10c) and 60s (15c) will be perfect for shoveling the topsoil into the new flower bed!

John
 

1 comment:

Mike said...

This is perfect 'working outside' weather.