Wednesday, November 07, 2018

Nov 7

It is a day past the US midterm elections and feelings are mixed.
The Democrats took control of the House, but lost some seats in the Senate. A few states managed to switch party leadership in their Governors races, as well. Overall, I wouldn't call it a blue wave -- more like a shifting of the tides.

For most of us, day to day life goes on.

I am both encouraged and discouraged by the results of the elections. I am not surprised by them. I would hope that the division of power in Congress would lead to more working together, but I expect it to lead to gridlock, instead.
Locally, Missouri stays deeply Republican. That was expected.

Not much else to say about election day other than I am glad it's over -- until next time.

John <><

2 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I'm glad it's over too.

Mike said...

Is it time to move to one of the coasts?